Small States: Economic Review and Basic Statistics, Volume 14
The book contains fifty-four tables covering selected economic, social, demographic and Millennium Development Goal indicators culled from international and national sources and presents information unavailable elsewhere. A detailed parallel commentary on trends in Commonwealth small states, looking at growth, employment, inflation, human development, and economic policy, permits a deeper understanding of developments behind the figures.
The book also includes three articles focusing on trade in services: ‘Post-crisis Growth in Small States: The Role of Trade in Knowledge-based Services’ by Dirk Willem te Velde, ‘Exporting Health and Wellness: Prospects and Issues for Small States’ by Estella Aryada, and ‘Pro-poor Tourism Interventions through the Creation of Agro-tourism Linkages’ by Chanda Chella. Dirk Willem te Velde currently works at the ODI as the Director of Programmes in the International Economic Development Group. Ms Aryada and Ms Chella are Trade Advisers in the Special Advisory Services Division of the Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy