The Commonwealth gives high priority to supporting the integration of small states in the global economy. Our books include ground-breaking research and policy advice on how small states can build their resilience and competitiveness, so they can take advantage of the opportunities and meet the challenges arising from globalisation.
Citizenship Education in Small States: Guyana
Identity and diversity in all its forms present major challenges to countries seeking to best equip citizens with the skills to participate effectively in their diverse societies. They set out the strategies and actions needed to support small states wishing to promote the values of good citizenship.
A Future for Small States: Overcoming Vulnerability
This report provides an analysis of key issues concerning small states’ security and development. It sets out a series of recommendations to counteract vulnerability arising from such factors as globalization, environmental degradation and global warming, and international crime.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy