Managing the Public Service Strategies for Improvement Series
Managing Change in Local Governance
For senior managers in local government, policy makers in ministries of local government, and students and researchers in public administration with an interest in local government issues.
Redefining Management Roles
A study of the functional relationship between ministers and permanent secretaries. It highlights the problems they face in the management and reform of the public service and redefines their role and responsibilities. Includes case studies of Britain, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Redrawing the Lines
This publication examines the difficulties countries encounter when they retain a centralised model of personnel management in the public service, which can cause strained relationships between the key actors involved.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy