Promoting Good Governance: Principles, Practices and Perspectives
This book aims to show that a strong and achieving public service is a necessary condition for a competitively successful nation. The concept of good governance is linked with institutionalised values such as democracy, observance of human rights and greater effectiveness of the public sector.
Designing Performance Appraisals: Assessing Needs and Designing Performance Management Systems in the Public Sector
This is an examination of the ways and means of designing performance appraisal systems as a result of the public sector reforms taking place in many Commonwealth countries. It looks at ways of designing and institutionalizing performance management measures.
Redefining Management Roles: Improving the Functional Relationship between Ministers and Permanent Secretaries
A study of the functional relationship between ministers and permanent secretaries. It highlights the problems they face in the management and reform of the public service and redefines their role and responsibilities. Includes case studies of Britain, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy