Enhancing Teacher Professionalism and Status: Promoting Recognition, Registration and Standards
Report of the Fifth Commonwealth Teachers’ Research Symposium, which brought together teachers, researchers and education policy-makers to share experiences from developed and developing countries both within and outside the Commonwealth.
Gender, HIV/AIDS and the Status of Teachers: Report of the Third Commonwealth Teachers' Research Symposium
Researchers from Ghana, Jamaica, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, the United Kingdom and Zambia met in Maputo to address the most critical human resource for the achievement of education goals - the teacher. This book reports the fruits of their discussions.
Labour Markets in Small Developing States
Explores the approaches to the challenge of human resources development in national development strategy formulation adopted by governments of smaller states across the world and considers the effectiveness of the particular strategies adopted. This book also explores the role of labour migration in this process.
Early Childhood Education: Good Practice in Achieving Universal Primary Education
A handbook for education policy-makers and practitioners in Commonwealth countries compiled from a Caribbean Early Childhood Education Conference presented by the Jamaica Teachers Association, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, April 2001, with the support of the Commonwealth Secretariat, London
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy