Public administration and governance
The Commonwealth advances good governance by helping members to build public service capacity, strengthen their public institutions and improve service delivery. Research in this area includes decentralisation, local government reform, legislation and financing, e-governance, public expenditure management, public–private partnerships and promoting good governance.
Redrawing the Lines: Service Commissions and the Delegation of Personal Management
This publication examines the difficulties countries encounter when they retain a centralised model of personnel management in the public service, which can cause strained relationships between the key actors involved.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy