Manoeuvring at the Margins: Constraints Faced by Small States in International Trade Negotiations
Highlights three areas where small states can maximise their potential influence: establishing an effective negotiating team by strengthening human resources; harnessing the support of civil society and the private sector; and, improving negotiation strategies.
Reform of International Institutions: Towards a Commonwealth Agenda
Examines three sets of major international institutions: the UN, the World Bank and IMF, and institutions concerned with international environmental governance. This book argues that global concerns have outgrown the existing system and an effective response requires serious multilateral co-operation.
Making Democracy Work for Pro-poor Development: Report of the Commonwealth Expert Group on Development and Democracy
Starting from the premise that democracy is more than simply a matter of universal suffrage and the holding of regular multiparty elections, and that development is about much more than growth of GDP, this Report focuses on how to make democracy work for pro-poor development and on development policies that in themselves uphold.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy