Education in Small States: Policies and Priorities
This book argues for the particular challenges of education in small states, and for the need to examine the impact of changing global contexts, to document the changing nature and significance of recent and contemporary education policy priorities, and to advance the case for new and strengthened initiatives for education in small states.
Double-shift Schooling: Design and Operation for Cost-effectiveness
Double-shift schooling primarily aims to extend access and minimize unit costs. However, some systems only achieve those goals at the expense of educational quality. Policy-makers may be faced by difficult choices when designing systems. This book highlights the advantages and problems of double-shift systems.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy