Trading Stories: Experiences with Gender and Trade
Through twenty regional and country case studies, this book pulls together the key links between trade, gender and economic growth. It features ten case studies which focus on the gender impacts of trade policies on women and men. It then focuses on linking women with global markets through a range of practices.
Gender and Trade Action Guide: A Training Resource
The Action Guide is flexible and can be used by trainers or for self-study. It includes case studies, activities, training suggestions and recommended readings provided on CD-ROM and can be used as a basic introduction or as a resource to develop capacity building for others.
Mainstreaming Informal Employment and Gender in Poverty Reduction: A handbook for policy-makers and other stakeholders
Liberally scattered with practical examples, this book provides a convincing case for an increased emphasis on informal employment and gender in poverty reduction strategies. It sets out a strategic framework that presents important guidelines for policy-makers seeking to follow this approach.
Chains of Fortune: Linking Women Producers and Workers with Global Markets
Much has been written about the negative impact of globalisation also opens up new economic opportunities if poor women producers and workers are enabled to take advantage of them. The need for assistance differs between independent producers on the one hand and wage workers in export industries on the other.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy