Exploring the Bias: Gender and Stereotyping in Secondary Schools
Focusing on seven case studies of secondary schools in India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Samoa, Seychelles, and Trinidad & Tobago, this book analyses whether schools perpetuate gender stereotypes and investigates how this can be prevented. It provides insights and recommendations useful for policy-makers and educators worldwide.
The Gender-Responsive School: An Action Guide
Shows teachers, headteachers and school administrators how to spot the key spaces in school life where gender is important. This title gives them tools to address gender biases by changing attitudes and ideas among staff and students. It is full of activities that can be undertaken at either individual or group level.
Boys’ Underachievement in Education: An Exploration in Selected Commonwealth Countries
Gender disparity in education has usually been experienced as disadvantaging girls. Although this continues to be the case in many places, the phenomenon of boys’ underachievement – both in terms of participation and performance – has also become an issue in a number of countries.equality in school education.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy