John L Roberts
The Big Divide: A Ten Year Report on Small Island Developing States and the Millennium Development Goals
This report analyses data, 2000–2010, from 46 small island developing states (SIDS) to provide a comprehensive assessment of progress on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) from a small states perspective. It shows a ‘big divide’ separates these countries across the range of MDG economic, social and environmental indicators.
Partnerships for Sustainable Development in Small States
Examines measures through which small states can work together with the international community to strengthen their ability to cope with pressing challenges such as climate change, sustainable manufacturing, and renewable energy technologies.
Tools for Mainstreaming Sustainable Development in Small States
This book provides a thorough grounding in bringing sustainable development to the forefront of policy-making. It advises small states on how to devise practical national strategies, addresses the need for legislative change, and examines methods for monitoring progress. Contributors range from international academics to economists.
Saving Small Island Developing States: Environmental and Natural Resource Challenges
Saving Small Developing Island States introduces the key policy challenges small island states face in dealing with the environmental consequences of climate change. It will be of interest to environmental and natural resource managers in small island states, government policy-makers, and academics and students in the fields of public policy.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy