New Century Local Government: Commonwealth Perspectives
This collection of papers shows how the role of local government is evolving throughout the Commonwealth and provides practical examples of new local government at work. It showcases emerging practice, and highlights success stories from new ways of working and challenges confronting local government in both developed and developing countries.
Principles for Local Government Legislation: Lessons from the Commonwealth Pacific
This study is designed to help local government practitioners in Pacific island countries review and strengthen their existing legislative and regulatory frameworks. It identifies best practice, examines case studies of Fiji, Solomon Islands and Samoa, and presents ten key principles for effective legislation.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy