The Commonwealth helps member countries take advantage of opportunities for economic growth, improving their ability to manage long-term sustainable development. Written by experts from around the world, our books address important economic and financial topics affecting Commonwealth countries today.
Rural Community Resource Centres: A Guide for Developing Countries
The Commonwealth Secretariat has found that there is a need throughout the developing world for a book describing the setting up and operation of rural learning resource centres. On behalf of the Secretariat, and using her own practical experience, Shirley Giggey has drawn up this comprehensive training guide.
Financial Intermediation in Small Island Developing Economies
This study examines the problems and policies for financial intermediation in small economies, including financial institutions, measures their efficiency and policy frame, and analyses the financial structure in the Bahamas, Barbados, Fiji, Hong Kong, Maldives, Papua New Guinea, St Lucia, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands and Western Samoa.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development Expand or collapse me
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy