The Economic Cost of Violence Against Women and Girls
A Study of Seychelles
This publication provides a comprehensive framework to assess the economic cost of VAWG. It applies an economy-wide modelling approach that enables governments to capture important linkages and secondary effects to assess the full impact of VAWG. The data gathered for this framework will be useful for countries when reporting on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, SDG5 and SDG16. Moreover, the data gathering process also provides an opportunity to assess the strength of the national statistical system, which is crucial to measuring progress across all of the SDGs in a manner that is both inclusive and fair.
Seychelles is the first Commonwealth country where the framework has been applied using real country-level data and information. This book presents the process and outcomes of applying the newly developed framework and methodology to Seychelles.
- Agriculture Expand or collapse me
- Democracy and elections Expand or collapse me
- Debt and finance policy
- Economic development
- Education, gender and health Expand or collapse me
- Law and human rights Expand or collapse me
- Oceans and natural resources Expand or collapse me
- Public administration and governance Expand or collapse me
- Small states Expand or collapse me
- Sport for development and peace
- Trade Expand or collapse me
- Youth policy